Monday, August 25, 2014

Monday, August 25, 2014


Independent Reading:
20 Minutes: Independent Reading 
 Essential Questions:

What are the rules and classroom procedures in Mrs. Brownell's class?

What makes a book belong to a specific genre?

I will know I am successful when:
I know what I am supposed to be doing at all times in Mrs. Brownell's class. I know where things go and how the class functions. 

I've discovered the differences and similarities between some reading genres.  
Mini-Lesson:

Setting up "Remind" for homework reminders

Classroom Procedures: (Trash/Recycle - Classroom Infraction Notices)
Work Time:

Genre sorting activity

Wild Reader Survey
Debrief: 

Share team-created genre definitions.

Homework:

Reading 30 Minutes

Million Words or Less (Parent Homework)

Bring in photos, printed pictures/words, magazine pictures/words that describe your interests and personality. 

Sign up for REMIND. 

No comments:

Post a Comment