Friday, December 12, 2014

Friday, December 12, 2014

You may sign up to go to the library next week! 


Independent Reading (This is week #17)
Focus this week:
Good readers plan for the next book(s)
Good reading habits:
I have reading plans for Winter Break.  
I record my book choices in "My Reading List".
Work Time:
* Read for 20 Minutes
* Reading Conferences


Unit 3: Authors as Mentors
Essential Questions:
How can I make sure that my short story is polished and ready to turn in?


Standard:
W.1.a Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective techniques, relevant descriptive details, and well-structured event sequences. (CCSS:W.6.3)


I will know I’m successful when...

I've received writing feedback from my Critical Friends group.

I've polished and turned in my short story.

Mini-Lesson: 
(What Mrs. Brownell is going to teach us)

Editing Checklist
Work Time: 
    First, we will finish the Critical Friends activity.

Then, we will edit our short story and turn in the polished copy. 


Debrief:
Homework:
Reading at least 30 Minutes for your "40 Book Challenge" (Even on Saturday and Sunday!)
Update your reading list (It's in Google Classroom)



No comments:

Post a Comment