Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Wednesday, December 10, 2014



Independent Reading (This is week #17)
Focus this week:
Good readers plan for the next book(s)
Good reading habits:
I have reading plans for Winter Break.  
I record my book choices in "My Reading List".
Work Time:
* Read for 20 Minutes
* Reading Conferences



It's Wednesday; you know what that means...


Genius Hour:
Essential Questions:
How can I demonstrate my understanding of my Genius Hour topic? 
Can I support my claims with clear reasons and relevant evidence?

Standard:
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.6.7
Integrate information presented in different media or formats (e.g., visually, quantitatively) as well as in words to develop a coherent understanding of a topic or issue.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.W.6.1.B
Support claim(s) with clear reasons and relevant evidence, using credible sources and demonstrating an understanding of the topic or text.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.SL.6.2
Interpret information presented in diverse media and formats (e.g., visually, quantitatively, orally) and explain how it contributes to a topic, text, or issue under study.
I will know I’m successful when...
I have many websites for my topic and they are bookmarked in my Genius Hour folder.

I stay on task during the work time in class. 

I know what my inquiry question is and I am researching ways to answer that question. 

I am beginning to put together ideas for how I will present my information to the class in April. 
    Mini-Lesson:


    Work Time:
          
    In class, we will continue to do research for our Genius Hour project.
    Debrief:

    Homework:
    Reading 30 Minutes (Even on Saturday and Sunday!)
    Update your reading list (It's in Google Classroom)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment