Friday, December 5, 2014

Friday, December 5, 2014


Independent Reading (This is week #16)
Focus this week:
Good readers are able to analyze and synthesize what they've read. 
Good readers use evidence from the text to back up their claims. 
Good reading habits:
I choose books from a variety of genres. 
I record my book choices in "My Reading List".
Work Time:
* Read for 20 Minutes
* Reading Conferences

Unit 3: Authors as Mentors
Essential Questions:
 How do I show my understanding of
what I've read using evidence from the text? 

Standard:
R.2.a.iii Analyze in detail how a key individual, event, or idea is introduced, illustrated, and elaborated in a text (e.g., through examples or anecdotes). (CCSSS:RI.6.3)
I will know I’m successful when...
I can show my understanding of what I've read. 

I can use text evidence to back up my thinking. 

Mini-Lesson: 
(What Mrs. Brownell is going to teach us)

Work Time:
             Today, we will read an article and answer questions using evidence from the text. 

    (This assignment is in Google Classroom.)

Debrief:


Homework:
Reading at least 30 Minutes for your "40 Book Challenge" (Even on Saturday and Sunday!)
Update your reading list (It's in Google Classroom)


***ALL LATE OR REVISED ASSIGNMENTS ARE DUE BY FRIDAY, DECEMBER 12TH. 
Click here for Late Assignment Turn In Sheet for any late or resubmitted work

No comments:

Post a Comment