Monday, December 1, 2014

Monday, December 1, 2014

Found on teachingseriously.blogspot.com


Independent Reading (This is week #16)
Focus this week:
Good readers are able to analyze and synthesize what they've read. 
Good readers use evidence from the text to back up their claims. 
Good reading habits:
I choose books from a variety of genres. 
I record my book choices in "My Reading List".
Work Time:
* Book Quiz #3 (This is an assessment.)
* Read for 20 Minutes
* Reading Conferences


Unit 3: Authors as Mentors
Essential Questions:
What makes for powerful, engaging narrative writing?

Standard:
W.1.a Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective techniques, relevant descriptive details, and well-structured event sequences. (CCSS:W.6.3)
I will know I’m successful when...

I can write a short story (3-5 pages) that follows a plot sequence and addresses my chosen theme. 
Mini-Lesson: 
(What Mrs. Brownell is going to teach us)
Book Quiz #3 directions/expectations
Work Time:
             Today, we will finish writing the first draft of our short stories. 
Debrief:
Your first draft is due today! Don't forget to turn it into your Google Classroom. 
Homework:
Finish the first draft of your short story. 
Reading at least 30 Minutes for your "40 Book Challenge" (Even on Saturday and Sunday!)
Update your reading list (It's in Google Classroom)

***ALL LATE OR REVISED ASSIGNMENTS ARE DUE BY FRIDAY, DECEMBER 12TH. 
Click here for Late Assignment Turn In Sheet for any late or resubmitted work




No comments:

Post a Comment