Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Tuesday, November 25, 2014


It's Wednesday; you know what that means...
Wait a minute! It's Tuesday! Well, we're having Genius Hour on a Tuesday this (short) week!

Independent Reading (This is week #15)
Focus this week:
Good readers read widely. 
Good reading habits:
I choose books from a variety of genres. 
I record my book choices in "My Reading List".
Work Time:
* Read for 10 Minutes


Genius Hour:
Essential Questions:
How can I demonstrate my understanding of my Genius Hour topic? 
Can I support my claims with clear reasons and relevant evidence?

Standard:
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.6.7
Integrate information presented in different media or formats (e.g., visually, quantitatively) as well as in words to develop a coherent understanding of a topic or issue.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.W.6.1.B
Support claim(s) with clear reasons and relevant evidence, using credible sources and demonstrating an understanding of the topic or text.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.SL.6.2
Interpret information presented in diverse media and formats (e.g., visually, quantitatively, orally) and explain how it contributes to a topic, text, or issue under study.
I will know I’m successful when...
I have many websites for my topic and they are bookmarked in my Genius Hour folder.

I stay on task during the work time in class. 

I know what my inquiry question is and I am researching ways to answer that question. 

I am beginning to put together ideas for how I will present my information to the class in April. 
    Mini-Lesson:
    Blog Post #3:
    Use this quote to help you explain why Genius Hour is important to you. Use evidence from your research to support your writing about what you've learned so far. 


    Work Time:
          
    In class, we will continue to do research for our Genius Hour project.
    Debrief:

    Homework:
    Reading 30 Minutes (Even on Saturday and Sunday!)
    Update your reading list (It's in Google Classroom)



    Click here for a Late Assignment Turn In Sheet for any late or resubmitted work


    No comments:

    Post a Comment