Friday, November 21, 2014

Friday, November 21, 2014


Attention 1st Period: We need the serial number of your Chromebook! This helps us to prevent theft as well as track down lost Chromebooks. 
Click HERE to log your serial number. 


Independent Reading (This is week #14)
Focus this week:
Good readers read widely. 
Good reading habits:
I choose books from a variety of genres. 
I record my book choices in "My Reading List".
Work Time:
* Read for 20 Minutes
* Reading Conferences
* Make sure you have a book for next week!


Unit 3: Authors as Mentors
Essential Questions:
What makes for powerful, engaging narrative writing?

Standard:
W.1.a Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective techniques, relevant descriptive details, and well-structured event sequences. (CCSS:W.6.3)
I will know I’m successful when...
I can organize my thoughts to plan a short story around a theme. 

I can write a short story (3-5 pages) that follows a plot sequence and addresses my chosen theme. 
Mini-Lesson: 
(What Mrs. Brownell is going to teach us)
We're going to start with a quick write again today! Inside your Writing Portfolio folder, create a new DOCUMENT titled:
 "Personification Opening".


Turn in your best Quick Write.

Work Time:
             Today, we will start by practicing writing fiction that "hooks" the reader's attention. 

    Then, we will be writing short stories using one of the five themes we discussed last week. 
Debrief:

Homework:
Reading at least 30 Minutes for your "40 Book Challenge" (Even on Saturday and Sunday!)
Update your reading list (It's in Google Classroom)

Click here for a Late Assignment Turn In Sheet for any late or resubmitted work




No comments:

Post a Comment