Friday, November 14, 2014

Friday, November 14, 2014



Independent Reading (This is week #13)
Mini-Lesson:
Good readers are able to visualize what they are reading.  
Essential Questions:
Am I able to make a "mind movie" of what I've read? Can I picture the people, places, events and/or information being described to help me understand what is happening?
Work Time:
* Read for 20 Minutes
* Reading Conferences

Unit 3: Authors as Mentors
Essential Questions:
What makes for powerful, engaging narrative writing?

Standard:
W.1.a Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective techniques, relevant descriptive details, and well-structured event sequences. (CCSS:W.6.3)
I will know I’m successful when...
I can write summary statements to show my understanding of theme.
I can close read an article to deeply understand the meaning.  

Mini-Lesson:
Don't turn in an assignment in Google Classroom unless you are truly FINISHED with the work. 

Work Time:
 Today, is a "catch-up" day. You have time to finish these assignments: (in Google Classroom)
*Fictional Narrative Short Story Planning
NewsELA Close Reading Lesson: The Cool Kids
If/when you are finished: "Edge time" reading!

Debrief:


Homework:
Reading at least 30 Minutes for your "40 Book Challenge" (Even on Saturday and Sunday!)
Update your reading list (It's in Google Classroom)

Click here for a Late Assignment Turn In Sheet for any late or resubmitted work




No comments:

Post a Comment