Friday, April 24, 2015

Friday, April 24, 2015

Warm Up: 
20 Minutes of independent reading (This is week #36)
Mini-Lesson Topic:
Beginning research for infographic
Text Structure Assessment: Note-Catcher
Question(s) to guide learning:
When I conduct research, how do I know if a website is a useful tool for gathering information?
How can I represent the information I gain through research in the format of an infographic?
Work Time: 
Continue the research for your infographic that you started for homework last night. 
Be sure that you have a topic chosen from the list in the Text Structure Assessment: Directions
Begin working on the Text Structure Assessment: Note-Catcher. It is in Google Classroom. 
How students will know they are successful:
I can research an environment-related topic for the purpose of creating an infographic.
I can use a note-catcher to help me organize my ideas and information.
Debrief: 
Are you keeping your reading list up-to-date? If not, get caught up!
Homework:
Finish your research for your environment-related topic. Research needs to be completed by Monday!
Your Text Structure Assessment: Note-Catcher is due Tuesday!

Independent reading (At least 30 minutes) EVERY day! Yes, even on the weekends!
Update reading list
Notes:
* Click here for a Late Assignment Turn In Sheet for any late or resubmitted work
Click here for the April Scholastic Reading Club Flyer
   Class Activation Code: M2LBC

No comments:

Post a Comment