Friday, January 16, 2015

Friday, January 16, 2015

 
Images found on Photobucket.com

Independent Reading (This is week #22)
Focus this week:
Good readers try challenging books to improve their reading skills.
Good reading habits:
* I read books from a variety of genres. 
* I don't limit my book choices to books that are easy to read or from my preferred genre. 
I record my book choices in "My Reading List".

Work Time:
* Independent Reading
* Reading Conferences


Class Code: M2LBC


Unit 4: The Power of Argument
Essential Questions:
What are the elements of an effective argument? 

Standard:
W.2.a Write arguments to support claims with clear reasons and relevant evidence. (CCSS:W.6.1)

RR.1.c.iv Apply grade 6 Reading standards to literary nonfiction (e.g., “Trace and evaluate the argument and specific claims in a text, distinguishing claims in a text, distinguishing claims that are supported by reasons and evidence from claims that are not.”). (CCSS:W.6.8b)
I will know I’m successful when...
 I am able to determine the elements of an argument in a variety of sources (i.e. text, video). 

I am able to use the elements of argument in a constructed response. 
Mini-Lesson: 
(What Mrs. Brownell is going to teach us)
Analysis of civil rights videos for elements of argument. 
Work Time:
Today, we will watch and analyze videos of the civil rights movement for elements of argument. 
Debrief:

Homework:
Finish your citation page for Genius Hour.(Due next Wednesday)
Reading at least 30 Minutes for your "40 Book Challenge" (Even on Saturday and Sunday!)
Update your reading list (It's in Google Classroom)

Click here for a Late Assignment Turn In Sheet for any late or resubmitted work.


Click HERE to apply for the essay contest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment