Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Wednesday, January 21, 2015


Independent Reading (This is week #23)
Focus this week:
Good readers try challenging books to improve their reading skills.
Good reading habits:
* I read books from a variety of genres. 
* I don't limit my book choices to books that are easy to read or from my preferred genre. 
I record my book choices in "My Reading List".

Work Time:
* Independent Reading
* Reading Conferences


Class Code: M2LBC

It's Wednesday; you know what that means...


Genius Hour:
Essential Questions:
What do I do now with all of my information? 

Standard:
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.6.7
Integrate information presented in different media or formats (e.g., visually, quantitatively) as well as in words to develop a coherent understanding of a topic or issue.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.W.6.1.B
Support claim(s) with clear reasons and relevant evidence, using credible sources and demonstrating an understanding of the topic or text.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.SL.6.2
Interpret information presented in diverse media and formats (e.g., visually, quantitatively, orally) and explain how it contributes to a topic, text, or issue under study.
I will know I’m successful when...
I have many websites for my topic and they are bookmarked in my Genius Hour folder.

I stay on task during the work time in class. 

I know what my inquiry question is and I am researching ways to answer that question. 

I am beginning to put together ideas for how I will present my information to the class in April. 
    Mini-Lesson:

    Share your blog here
    (Only if you haven't shared it already.)


    Work Tim e:
                 Blog Post #5: 

        How is your project going so far? 

        What roadblocks have you encountered? 

        What are your plans for your "Demonstration of Learning" that you will turn in to Mrs. Brownell?

        What are your plans for presentation? 

        What do you still need to do? 

    Debrief:
    Blog Gallery Walk

    Homework:
    Reading 30 Minutes (Even on Saturday and Sunday!)
    Update your reading list (It's in Google Classroom)

    Click here for a Late Assignment Turn In Sheet for any late or resubmitted work.


    Click HERE to apply for the essay contest. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment