Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Tuesday, January 6, 2014


Independent Reading (This is week #21)
Focus this week:
Good readers make meaningful connections to what they've read. 
Good reading habits:
* I record and remember words from the text that are meaningful to me.
I record my book choices in "My Reading List".
* Read, read, read!  We will be doing Reading MAP testing on Thursday and Friday.
Work Time:
* Read for 20 Minutes
* Reading Conferences
* Find and record (on a sticky note) meaningful quotes. 


Class Code: M2LBC


Unit 4: The Power of Argument
Essential Questions:
How do words evoke emotion? 

How do words convey ideas and understanding? 

Standard:

I will know I’m successful when...
I can use meaningful quotes from my book to make an emotional or logical connection to the book. 
Mini-Lesson: 
(What Mrs. Brownell is going to teach us)
* New seating chart
* Icebreaker Activity: 2015 New Year Writing (Complete and share with new table group.)


Work Time:
             Today, we will use a quick write to get started with argument writing. 
Inside your Writing Portfolio folder, create a new DOCUMENT titled:

 "Overgrown Ferris Wheel"

Prompt: Make an argument about what is going on in this picture. What is the problem here?Who's to blame for this?

Directions: Think about what makes for a strong argument. Then, write non-stop for 10 minutes.  
Debrief:
Turn in a sticky note with at least one quote from your book. (Make sure that your heading is on the back.)
Homework:
Reading at least 30 Minutes for your "40 Book Challenge" (Even on Saturday and Sunday!)
Update your reading list (It's in Google Classroom)

Click here for a Late Assignment Turn In Sheet for any late or resubmitted work

No comments:

Post a Comment