Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Tuesday, January 27, 2015


Independent Reading (This is week #24)
Focus this week:
Good readers sustain and build their reading stamina.
Good reading habits:
* I have daily reading build into my schedule. 
* I take advantage of "edge time reading". 
* I read books from a variety of genres. 
I record my book choices in "My Reading List".
Work Time:
* Independent Reading
* Reading Conferences
* Library sign-up
Class Code: M2LBC


Unit 4: The Power of Argument
Essential Question(s):
What makes for a powerful argument? 

Standard:
By the end of this unit, I need to be able to:

  • Trace and evaluate the argument and specific claims in a text.
  • Distinguish claims that are supported by reasons and evidence from those that are not.
I will know I’m successful when...

I can identify the differences between an opinion, persuasive and argument essay. 
Mini-Lesson: 
(What Mrs. Brownell is going to teach us)
Comparison and identification of elements of argument

Work Time:
* Vocabulary Quiz
* Comparison Activity
Debrief:
Review: Elements of an argument
Homework:

Reading at least 30 Minutes for your "40 Book Challenge" (Even on Saturday and Sunday!)
Update your reading list (It's in Google Classroom)

Click here for a Late Assignment Turn In Sheet for any late or resubmitted work.


Click HERE to apply for the essa


No comments:

Post a Comment