Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Please make sure that items you put into the recycling bin actually belong there. Also, if it belongs in the recycle bin, don't put it in the trash. 
(Water bottle lids go in the trash.)




Click HERE to apply for the essay contest. 


Independent Reading (This is week #22)
Focus this week:
Good readers try challenging books to improve their reading skills.
Good reading habits:
* I read books from a variety of genres. 
* I don't limit my book choices to books that are easy to read or from my preferred genre. 
I record my book choices in "My Reading List".

Work Time:
* Independent Reading
* Reading Conferences
* "For the Love of Reading" Activity




Class Code: M2LBC


Unit 4: The Power of Argument
Essential Questions:
What do I already know about argument writing?

Standard:
W.2.a Write arguments to support claims with clear reasons and relevant evidence. (CCSS:W.6.1)

RR.1.c.iv Apply grade 6 Reading standards to literary nonfiction (e.g., “Trace and evaluate the argument and specific claims in a text, distinguishing claims in a text, distinguishing claims that are supported by reasons and evidence from claims that are not.”). (CCSS:W.6.8b)
I will know I’m successful when...
 I have sufficiently demonstrated my current understanding of argument writing. 
Mini-Lesson: 
(What Mrs. Brownell is going to teach us)
Scholarly Habit of Perseverance: Demonstrates stamina for reading, writing, speaking, and listening. Demonstrates stamina for completing difficult tasks.
Work Time:
Today, we will continue the Argument Writing Pre-Test. You will turn in your pre-test at the end of class.

You will need your planning page from the "Unfinished Work" bin.

You will write your essay on the Argument Writing Pre-Test document in Google Classroom.
Debrief:

Homework:
Reading at least 30 Minutes for your "40 Book Challenge" (Even on Saturday and Sunday!)
Update your reading list (It's in Google Classroom)

Click here for a Late Assignment Turn In Sheet for any late or resubmitted work.

No comments:

Post a Comment