Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Please make sure that items you put into the recycling bin actually belong there. Also, if it belongs in the recycle bin, don't put it in the trash. 
(Water bottle lids go in the trash.)




Click HERE to apply for the essay contest. 


Independent Reading (This is week #22)
Focus this week:
Good readers try challenging books to improve their reading skills.
Good reading habits:
* I read books from a variety of genres. 
* I don't limit my book choices to books that are easy to read or from my preferred genre. 
I record my book choices in "My Reading List".

Work Time:
* Independent Reading
* Reading Conferences
* "For the Love of Reading" Activity

Class Code: M2LBC


Classroom Employees:
1st Period:
* Whiteboard Manager: Bo
* Paper Manager: Jack L. 
* Tech. Supervisor: Ella
2nd Period:
Paper Manager: Jenna
* Librarian: Dorothy
4th Period:
* Paper Manager: Grace
* Recycle Ranger: Trey
* Librarian: Molly
5th Period: 
* Paper Manager: Teanna
* Librarian: Keanue
* Sanitation Supervisor: Mady


It's Wednesday; you know what that means...


Genius Hour:
Essential Questions:
How can I demonstrate my understanding of my Genius Hour topic? 
Can I support my claims with clear reasons and relevant evidence?

Standard:
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.6.7
Integrate information presented in different media or formats (e.g., visually, quantitatively) as well as in words to develop a coherent understanding of a topic or issue.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.W.6.1.B
Support claim(s) with clear reasons and relevant evidence, using credible sources and demonstrating an understanding of the topic or text.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.SL.6.2
Interpret information presented in diverse media and formats (e.g., visually, quantitatively, orally) and explain how it contributes to a topic, text, or issue under study.
I will know I’m successful when...
I have many websites for my topic and they are bookmarked in my Genius Hour folder.

I stay on task during the work time in class. 

I know what my inquiry question is and I am researching ways to answer that question. 

I am beginning to put together ideas for how I will present my information to the class in April. 
    Mini-Lesson:
    Creating a Citation Page
    Work Time:
          
    In class, we will create our Citation Page on a document in Google Classroom. 
    Debrief:

    Homework:
    Finish your citation page for Genius Hour.(Due next Wednesday)
    Reading 30 Minutes (Even on Saturday and Sunday!)
    Update your reading list (It's in Google Classroom)



    No comments:

    Post a Comment