Thursday, January 22, 2015

Thursday, January 22, 2015



Independent Reading (This is week #23)
Focus this week:
Good readers try challenging books to improve their reading skills.
Good reading habits:
* I read books from a variety of genres. 
* I don't limit my book choices to books that are easy to read or from my preferred genre. 
I record my book choices in "My Reading List".

Work Time:
* Independent Reading
* Reading Conferences

Class Code: M2LBC


Unit 4: The Power of Argument
Essential Questions:
What do I already know about argument writing?

Standard:
W.2.a Write arguments to support claims with clear reasons and relevant evidence. (CCSS:W.6.1)

RR.1.c.iv Apply grade 6 Reading standards to literary nonfiction (e.g., “Trace and evaluate the argument and specific claims in a text, distinguishing claims in a text, distinguishing claims that are supported by reasons and evidence from claims that are not.”). (CCSS:W.6.8b)
I will know I’m successful when...
 I have developed an understanding of vocabulary terms that are relevant to argument writing. 
Mini-Lesson: 
(What Mrs. Brownell is going to teach us)
Understanding the academic vocabulary for reading about and writing arguments. 
Work Time:
Today, we will continue our study the academic vocabulary for argument

Make sure that your table of contents is up-to-date and that pages 162 and 163 in your ISN (Interactive Student Notebook) are finished today. 

Tomorrow's study hall list will include anyone who doesn't have their ISN up-to-date!
Debrief:
Table Share: How does studying vocabulary make you a better reader and writer?  

Homework:
Reading at least 30 Minutes for your "40 Book Challenge" (Even on Saturday and Sunday!)
Update your reading list (It's in Google Classroom)


Click here for a Late Assignment Turn In Sheet for any late or resubmitted work.


Click HERE to apply for the essay contest. 



No comments:

Post a Comment