Monday, October 13, 2014

Monday, October 13, 2014


Reading Chairs Schedule:
Mondays: Table 1
Tuesdays: Table 2
Wednesdays: Table 3
Thursdays: Table 4
Fridays: Table 5


Independent Reading
Mini-Lesson:
Good readers choose books that are a "good fit". 
Essential Questions:
How can I make sure that the books I choose are suitable for my reading interests and abilities?
Work Time:
* Read for 20 Minutes
* Reading Conferences
* Update your reading list in Google Classroom!
* Plan for next book. 

Unit 2: Analyze to Understand
 Essential Questions:

  • How do readers analyze text to dig deeper into the meaning?
  • What does it mean to “interrogate the text?
  • Why is it critical to cite evidence from the text?
I will know I am successful when:

  • I can start describing not just what a text is about, but how it is written.
  • I refer often to the text while discussing my ideas.
Mini-Lesson:
Close and Critical Reading
    Work Time:
    Close reading steps 1-4: "The Tree House" by Jaclyn Einis

    1. Read one time without annotating
    2. Reread with a purpose
    3. Reread/Annotate for question #1; Discuss
      Debrief: 

      Homework:

      Reading 30 Minutes
      Update your reading list (It's in Google Classroom)



        Turn in a Late Assignment Turn In Sheet for any late work


        No comments:

        Post a Comment