Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

It's Wednesday; you know what that means...


Reading Chairs Schedule:
Mondays: Table 1
Tuesdays: Table 2
Wednesdays: Table 3
Thursdays: Table 4
Fridays: Table 5
Independent Reading
Mini-Lesson:
Good readers choose books that are a "good fit". 

Essential Questions:
How can I make sure that the books I choose are suitable for my reading interests and abilities?
Work Time:
* Read for 20 Minutes
* Reading Conferences
* Update your reading list in Google Classroom!
* Plan for next book. 


Genius Hour: Personal Inquiry Project
Essential Questions:
How can I figure out the right search terms to develop
a query?
How are my search terms interpreted to gather information for me?
I will know I am successful when:
I will be able to develop key search terms – and ultimately queries (the full set of words typed into Google for a search) from these key terms – for my research task.

Mini-Lesson:
How Search Works
Picking the Right Search Terms
Lesson Outline

Search terms are the individual words or sets of words you type into a search engine, such as [evaporation], [polar bear], or [fraction].
    Work Time:
    Using EasyBib to cite sources.
    Research using the graphic organizer: Inquiry Chart
    Debrief: 

    Homework:
    Revisions for "Email to Main Character" Due Friday!

    Reading 30 Minutes
    Update your reading list (It's in Google Classroom)

      No comments:

      Post a Comment