Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Tuesday, October 28, 2014


Independent Reading (This is week #11)
Mini-Lesson:
Good readers clarify their understanding.  
Essential Questions:
What strategies can I use to make sure that unknown words don't get in the way of understanding what I've read?
Work Time:
Stick note strategy for unknown words
* Read for 20 Minutes
* Reading Conferences

Unit 2: Analyze to Understand
Essential Questions:
How can reflecting on my writing help me to improve my skills as a writer?
Standard:

Range of Writing:

CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.W.6.10
Write routinely over extended time frames (time for research, reflection, and revision) and shorter time frames (a single sitting or a day or two) for a range of discipline-specific tasks, purposes, and audiences.

I will know I’m successful when...
I can use reflect on a piece of writing. I can acknowledge the decision I made as a writer that helped me improve my skills.
Mini-Lesson:
Revised Writer's Memo
Work Time:
Complete the Writer's Memo in Google Classroom
Debrief:
Table Share: One thing that you did well with your Perspective Writing Assessment.
Homework:
Reading 30 Minutes (Even on Saturday and Sunday!)
Update your reading list (It's in Google Classroom)


Click here for a Late Assignment Turn In Sheet for any late or resubmitted work

No comments:

Post a Comment