Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Classroom Reminders:
Do not move the reading chairs. Please leave them where they are. Only use the chairs if it is your day.

Only use one pillow at a time so that others can use them.

You may go to the library only one time per week. If you just have a book to return, do that during your passing period. You have a 10-minute passing period before and after school!

Do NOT erase you name from the Library Sign-Up board!

Magazines do NOT count for the 40 Book Challenge, so you should not be reading them during independent reading time. 

You must have permission from me to go to the office or your locker. 

Do not leave the classroom to use the restroom or get a drink without letting me know that you are leaving! (Emergencies excepted)

Ask first to borrow my Acer Chromebook and plug it back in when finished.

It is your responsibility to check Infinite Campus for missing assignments or low scores. You need to complete or redo these assignments. Turn in a Late Assignment Turn In Sheet with then so that I can re-score them.
Reading Chairs Schedule:
Mondays: Table 1
Tuesdays: Table 2
Wednesdays: Table 3
Thursdays: Table 4
Fridays: Table 5

Independent Reading (This is week #11)
Mini-Lesson:
Good readers clarify their understanding.  
Essential Questions:
What strategies can I use to make sure that unknown words don't get in the way of understanding what I've read?
Work Time:
Stick note strategy for unknown words
* Read for 20 Minutes
* Reading Conferences

It's Wednesday; you know what that means...

Genius Hour: Year-long Research Project
Essential Questions:
How can I document and reflect on my project and the learning I gain from it?
Standard:

Range of Writing:

CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.W.6.10
Write routinely over extended time frames (time for research, reflection, and revision) and shorter time frames (a single sitting or a day or two) for a range of discipline-specific tasks, purposes, and audiences.

I will know I’m successful when...
I can use a digital tool, such as a blog, to document and reflect on my learning.
Mini-Lesson:
2nd - 5th Period: Creating a Blog

1st Period will do this next week. Today, you will continue to work on your Inquiry Charts (green sheets)
Work Time:
Blog creation or research using the Inquiry Chart
Debrief:

Homework:
Reading 30 Minutes (Even on Saturday and Sunday!)
Update your reading list (It's in Google Classroom)


Click here for a Late Assignment Turn In Sheet for any late or resubmitted work

No comments:

Post a Comment