Thursday, October 2, 2014

Thursday, October 2, 2014



Reading Chairs Schedule:
Mondays: Table 1
Tuesdays: Table 2
Wednesdays: Table 3
Thursdays: Table 4
Fridays: Table 5

Rocky Mountain PBS StoryMakers ContestWe Celebrate Young Authors!

Independent Reading
Mini-Lesson:
Good readers get started right away. 
Essential Questions:
How can I make the most of the time I'm given to read at school?
Work Time:
* Read for 20 Minutes
* Reading Conferences
* Update your reading list in Google Classroom!
* Plan for next book. 


Unit 2: Analyze to Understand
 Essential Questions:
How do good readers think about the text? 

If I could communicate with the main character of my book, what would I have to say to them? 
I will know I am successful when:
I am able to use the formal email writing mode to show my understanding of what I have read. 
Mini-Lesson:
Writing a formal email letter
    Work Time:
    Write an email to your main character:

    • One thing you're wondering about,
    • Something that you wish that the character would do instead,
    • A connection you have to the character/conflict/setting, 
    • A warning you have for the main character, and
    • A prediction based on evidence in the text.

      Debrief: 
      Ticket-Out-The-Door: Planning for the next book
      Homework:
      Reading 30 Minutes
      Update your reading list (It's in Google Classroom)

        No comments:

        Post a Comment