Friday, September 5, 2014

Friday, September 5, 2014


Independent Reading
Mini-Lesson:
Status of the Class
Essential Questions:
How can tracking my reading make me a better reader?
Work Time:
* Update your reading list in Google Classroom!
* Read for 20 Minutes
* Reading Conferences



Unit 1: Who Am I As a Learner? 
 Essential Questions:
What goals do I have for myself as a reader, writer, speaker, and listener this year? 
I will know I am successful when:
I have set goals for myself in language arts this year.
Mini-Lesson:
Interactive Student Notebook:
     *Rules, Norms, Goals, &  Tickets for Success (p.7)
     *Vocabulary Title Page (p. 159)
     *Vocabulary Words (p. 160)
    Work Time:
    Interactive Student Notebook: 

    Finish MAP Reading test

    Debrief: 
    Table Share: Choose one of your goals to share.
    Homework:
    Reading 30 Minutes
    Million Words or Less (Please give to your 1st period teacher)

      Vocabulary

      Term
      Definition

      Categorize

      To place into a category, classify.

      Discussion

      A conversation focused on a specific topic.

      Genre

      A category used to classify literary works, usually by form, technique or content.

      Reflect

      To think about, show or express an idea or opinion.
      Order a book from Scholastic Reading Club here.
      Our Class Code: M2LBC 

      Sign up for REMIND. 

      No comments:

      Post a Comment