Monday, September 8, 2014

Monday, September 8, 2014



Independent Reading
Mini-Lesson:
Status of the Class
Essential Questions:
How can tracking my reading make me a better reader?
Work Time:
* Read for 20 Minutes
* Reading Conferences
* Update your reading list in Google Classroom!


Unit 1: Who Am I As a Learner? 
 Essential Questions:
As a writer, where did I come from, where am I now, and where am I going? 
I will know I am successful when:
I've written "My History As a Writer" essay. 
Mini-Lesson:
"First Pen" by Ralph Fletcher
A Sample: "Mrs. Brownell's History As a Writer"
    Work Time:
    * "My History As a Writer" essay 
    * Finish MAP testing
    * Finish Interactive Student Notebook (pages from Friday)
    * Wild Reader Survey (Only if you haven't completed it yet!)
    Debrief: 

    Homework:
    Reading 30 Minutes
    Update your reading list (It's in Google Classroom)

      Vocabulary

      Term
      Definition

      Categorize

      To place into a category, classify.

      Discussion

      A conversation focused on a specific topic.

      Genre

      A category used to classify literary works, usually by form, technique or content.

      Reflect

      To think about, show or express an idea or opinion.
      Order a book from Scholastic Reading Club here.
      Our Class Code: M2LBC 

      Sign up for REMIND. 

      No comments:

      Post a Comment