Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Wednesday, September 10, 2011


Independent Reading
Mini-Lesson:
Good readers use a variety of ways to get books.
Essential Questions:
How can tracking my reading make me a better reader?
Work Time:
*Visit the RTMS library for check-out


Unit 1: Who Am I As a Learner? 
 Essential Questions:
What am I passionate about? What topics do I want to know more about?  
I will know I am successful when:
I've completed the Personal Inquiry Project (PIP) survey
Mini-Lesson:
Introduction to Personal Interest Project (PIP) 
Genius Hour
Genius Hour: Student Voices
Genius Hour: Student Examples
    Work Time:
    1. PIP Survey:
    First Period
    Second Period
    Fourth Period
    Fifth Period
    2. Unit 1 Vocabulary

    If finished with survey and vocabulary:
    * "My History As a Writer" essay 
    * Book Quiz
    * Update Interactive Student Notebook
    * Independent Reading

    Debrief: 
    Table Share: Share the genre of your current book
    (Northeast person goes first)
    Homework:
    Reading 30 Minutes
    Update your reading list (It's in Google Classroom)

      Vocabulary

      Term
      Definition

      Categorize

      To place into a category, classify.

      Discussion

      A conversation focused on a specific topic.

      Genre

      A category used to classify literary works, usually by form, technique or content.

      Reflect

      To think about, show or express an idea or opinion.
      Order a book from Scholastic Reading Club here.
      Our Class Code: M2LBC 

      Sign up for REMIND. 

      Passwords for Library ebooks

      No comments:

      Post a Comment